New Kid (yeah right!!!!) on the Blog

New Kid (yeah right!!!!) on the Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Touching Poetry

This kind of brought a rear to my eye! It is important that we sometimes need to step back and try to understand the wants and needs of "the other gender".

A WOMAN'S POEM:

Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong.
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
I pray he's rich and self-employed,
And when I spend, won't be annoyed.
Pull out my chair and hold my hand.
Massage my feet and help me stand.
Oh send a king to make me queen.
A man who loves to cook and clean.
I pray this man will love no other.
And relish visits with my mother.

A MAN'S POEM:

I pray for a deaf-mute nymphomaniac gymnast
With big tits who owns a bar on a golf course,
And loves to send me hunting, fishing and drinking. This
Doesn't rhyme and I don't give a crap.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh yes there are differences between a man and a woman! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a romantic devil, Dave!

    The man's poem left something out, though: something about not being forced to eat yogurt, rice cakes, or tofu because it's good for him!!!

    Thanks for another much-needed laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Toodie: Funny how when I was younger, other than the physical aspect, I didn't notice that much difference. BUT, after being married for 27 years.... I really do see the differences.... and the worse part is the "emotions" for which there is no ryme or reason!
    But...being a man....in an argument....I demand on getting in the last words! Regretably they usually are: "Yes, Dear"!

    MARGE: OK...I guess I'm a candy ass...I do sometimes eat yogurt .... but NEVER rice cakes, tofu, or Sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to take a stand, Dave. Rice cakes..PAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, unless the 'rich' part is present, this sounds like a prayer which, when answered, finds the pray-er rejecting the answer and go out looking for a "real man" who as far as I can see seems to be defined by his willingness to hit when upset. I am thinking the man praying the latter poem might not actually like the answer. he'd feel so insecure that he'd spend all the huntin', fishin' time hovering about worrying about WHY she was so agreeable to his abscence.

    ReplyDelete